Is cleaning a part of your everyday life? For me, decluttering, organizing, beautifying, and tidying up my surroundings at work and at home are natural routines of my holistic lifestyle. Sometimes, I am a bit crazy about it and it has becomes almost an addiction where I cannot be in a space that does not awaken all my senses to the fullest. Cleaning is simply just part of living because if something is dirty, we must clean and disinfect it. We do a good job of cleaning our homes, our cars, our offices, our bodies regularly, but all those are just external activities. How often do we really take the time to do the same internally for our mind, body and spirit? Probably not often or even never.
- Before getting out of bed, I stretch, I close my eyes and I take a few very long and slow, but powerful deep breathes while visualizing something of beauty and bliss. Some days I do this in silence and some days, I have my favorite classical song or Buddhist chant playing in the background.
- Writing in my gratitude journal which is by my bedside. I usually write 3-5 things that I am thankful for in my life.
- Taking time to enjoy my coffee by the window while watching the blue jays and red cardinals play with the squirrels
- Allowing my heart to feel what it feels in the moment and I try not to control it
- Nurturing my plants and flowers in the garden
- Taking a long and slow morning walk outside in the sun
- Letting my intuition guide my day and not my mind
- Dreaming and wishing of something beautiful and magical
- Praying is healing
- Singing and dancing even if noone is watching or listening
- Reading a book on a bench in the park and by the water in a white cotton or silk dress
- Going shopping at my favorite Goodwill store to do support its mission
- Yoga at my favorite yoga studio to slow down and get centered
- Saying “I love you”…to the one I love
- Taking a nice and therapeutic bubble bath filled with natural oils, lemon, and dead sea salts which I am about to prepare now
- Lastly, my nightly prayers for all those around me to find love, light, peace, and healing within.
Lately, I have had a lot of work and personal distractions and not all of them have been positive. I must admit, by the time I get home, I am so drained from my light that my spiritual practice have not been as consistent as I would like them to be. But when I do make the time to focus only on me and for me, I do the following to clear my mind and purify my soul, especially on Sundays since it is my spiritual day. Below are a list of things I did today. I needed to do those things to rid my spirit of all the unwanted chaotic and stressful energy of others that I have absorbed, it is especially difficult when those energy are of the ones you love and care about so much. The list below may be long, sbut it took very little effort to do so and I enjoyed every single one of them.
And in a bit I will do 15 and 16. So far, I feel recharged and amazing! I am glad I took the time to be with myself and to enjoy my solitude today. It was much needed natural therapy. And you? How was your Sunday?
Photo Credits: Charles Martin – Vintage Dress: Goodwill of Greater Washington DC