In my goddess dictionary, an “F” word has nothing to do with profanity. For me, the “F word” stands not only for FREEDOM, but also for a variety of other words which perfectly describe the modern day goddess. As a lover of languages and beautiful speech, here are my 6 favorite “F” words which perfectly depict where I am in my life and how powerful and confident I feel.
1. Free – My 4th decade of life moved me suddenly into total confidence to express myself fully without doubt, without worry of others’ opinions, and without constraints. Most importantly, free from guilt, shame and blame! I have never felt so powerful, so honest and so open with my inner truth, and so beautiful in my own light.
2. Fearless – As I grow older and wiser, I am more brave. I honestly fear nothing and care very little about what others think of me. I love challenges even more and face adversity as lessons that I have to go through and deal with in order to grow and to learn. After all, life is a journey of learning, living, and loving with all your heart and soul without fear, don’t you think?
3. Fun – When I was younger, no one told me that the forties stage was going to be the best decade ever! Now that I am experiencing this wonderful time, I cannot wait to get to the next decade! That just means I am ready for more knowledge, more experiences, more fun, and more wisdom! Because of my total respect for my own freedom and my time, I can guiltlessly choose to do only what I love and be with only those I love who make my life fun and full of surprises. For example, if I feel like hopping on a plane and traveling to a deserted island for some solitude to recharge, I can do so because I choose to and it makes me happy, just like playing volleyball in the park with my favorite goddess and titan at midnight if it so pleases me.
4. Fabulous – How fabulous is it to be in my forties? I have so much intense inner strength and divine power inside that I naturally attract wonderful and fabulous people and energy everywhere I go without much effort.
5. Fashionable – As a fashion designer, taste maker, and lover of sensuality, my own style and how I express myself have changed. How I dress today really defines how I feel deep down inside: Feminine, free, sensual, confident, and spiritually awakened. Fashion is not about expensive clothes and designer labels or even overdoing it. It simply is about celebrating your own personal style and natural beauty while keeping it timeless, unique, feminine, and with understated sex appeal. And less is always more in my “tu-anh LOVE” dictionary. When it comes to fashion, a goddess should keep it feminine and tasteful and wear natural fabrics that allow the body to breathe and be free to move with ease. When we look good and feel good, we bring joy to those around us and that is oh so fashionably forties and fab!
And Lastly, Feminine is #6 on my list of favorite “F” words. In my teenage years, my body grew up much faster than I did. For a period of time, I always felt shy about my “Marilyn Monroe” figure and used to conceal my voluptuousness with loose-fitting clothes. Flash forward to my twenties, thirties, and now forties, I have learned to embrace my femininity and accept my womanly figure that is not so typical of an Asian female. Femininity is a part of who I am and how God has created me. This is the goddess essence that has emerged powerfully in my forties that I hope to inspire all modern day women to own and embrace regardless of their age.
I certainly have not experienced my 50’s and 60’s yet. But all I can say is “WOW” to my forties decade. Life can’t get better than this! I know who I am, what I want, and that includes what I do not want. I no longer make my life’s decisions based on needs, but instead, they are based on what I choose and what I desire. How about you? What is a favorite decade of your life?
Omg I LOVE THIS SO MUCH! YOU JUST MADE MY NIGHT, I am printing it out 🙂
Jessica President Sanctuary Gatekeeper-Goddess Lifestyle Coordinator
113 South Washington Street Alexandria, VA 22314 703-548-2804
“Change yourself and you will change the world.” ~tu-anh
I am so glad. Hugs, tu-anh