When you think about what you really need in life – not what you want but what you truly need – could you distill it down to fewer than 10 things? I have been thinking a lot about this topic this year as I continue to reflect on what I’m calling my “tu-anh year,” the year where I live my life simply for myself and discovering my true life’s purpose.
In that spirit, I have listed below the six things that I cannot live without other than food and shelter. I try to incorporate nearly all of these things into my life everyday, from meditating in the morning to going for a walk with my beloved Nini in the afternoon to enjoying good and healthy food, friends, and family in the evenings and weekends. What are the things you cannot live without? Love to hear your thoughts!
1. Love – More than food and shelter, this is what feeds my soul and spirit. We all need it in my opinion. When there is love, war does not exist.
2. Prayers/God – I don’t know what decisions I would make and where I would be if I did not have prayers in my life daily.
3. Family – I would die and do anything for my family. This is where I feel loved, connected, and safe.
4. Music – I love the sounds of beautiful music. It brings calmness, inspiration and harmony to my world. It also lifts my spirits when I feel down.
5. Books – Knowledge is key. I learn a lot through reading. I love holding a book feeling and flipping the pages of it. Since I am a visual person, looking at my bookshelves and being able to see the titles charges my brain. Digital books do not serve me that way.
6. Nature – I am so glad to be living where nature is just right outside my door step. I feel a sense of freedom when I am with nature. Every place I have ever lived, I have always had fresh plants and flowers in my space. The air feels cleaner and fresher.
Well, what do you think of my list?